Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Independence Day

Rob, the kids, the dogs, the boat, and I went to Fort Pierre, SD for the holiday. We left on Saturday morning and 7 hours later finally arrived. It was hot, muggy, and there were a ton of biting flies that didn't seem at all detered by any type of repellant. But I camped 5 nights! We spent our days boating and relaxing, so it was a nice time. However, I absoutely hate the evening of the 4th when we go to town and try to blow off a finger or two lighting fireworks in my in-laws driveway. I sat inside, biting my tongue, for 2 hours before they were done.

Unfortunately, we got some awful news on the 4th. My brother's girlfriend's son was killed in a car accident. Mike and Kim have been going out for almost 7 years, so he's the closest thing to a nephew that I have. His obituary is here: http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/articles/2007/07/09/obituaries/local/160f4a243e386411862573130012b52d.txt.

My dad and Melissa happened to fly to ND on Friday the 6th and headed to SD to spend time with Melissa's family before coming back to Fargo, so I was able to ride down to Sioux City with him for the services on Monday and Tuesday. Mom and Dennis drove from Ohio and were there Sunday through today. Words cannot describe the sorrow his mother was experiencing. Please pray for her.

I returned home to find that our fence was almost 1/2 done! It should be finished tonight, so I will take a picture and post it. It will be so nice to not have to hook Riley up every time I let her outside!

No comments: